Sunday, September 26, 2010

Simple Christmas

Happy Sunday!  My weekend has absolutely flown by and I can't believe it's Sunday night already.  I really think that all weekends should be 3 days!!!

Last Thursday, I did a workshop for Janet and we had a BLAST!!!  Tonight I'm going to share one of the cards I did for Janet's workshop.


I started with a 6x6 piece of textured Crumb Cake cardstock.  I added a piece of Early Espresso and then layered a stamped image from the Tags Till Christmas set.  I inked the image with Cherry Cobbler ink and then took off the Cherry Cobbler on the Dec. 25 and colored it with an Old Olive marker.  To get the ink off, I dampened a Q-Tip and rubbed it over the portion of the stamp that I wanted to change the color of.  The image is stamped on a piece of Naturals Ivory cardstock and then it's punched out with the new Extra Large Decorative Label punch in the Holiday Mini.


To finish if off, I added a piece of Old Olvie cardstock that I cut out with the new Taseful Trim die and a Cherry Cobbler button tied with a piece of Linen Thread.  ***TIP:  Tie the Linen Thread through the button, stick it to the card with a Mini Glue Dot and then tie the bow.  It's much easier than trying to tie the bow with the button in mid air!!!***

Here's the best part.  I took the same supplies and turned my card into a 6x6 scrapbook page.


This little 6x6 page can be a page on it's own in a cute little 6x6 album, or you can easily add it to a larger layout.

Well, that's all for today!  Have an inspired day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!