Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Sale-A-Bration, Soup & Stamps!




I just love that sentiment stamp!  It's part of the Yippee-Skippee set and I think it's a perfect way to sum up last Saturday when I held my annual Sale-A-Bration kick off...Soup & Stamps!  This is one of my favorite events to do!  I make 2 HUGE pots of soup (this year it was Creamy Tomato Tortellini & Beef Vegetable with Barley), some biscuits and delicious dessert.  My ladies are treated to supper and then we stamp! This event is always so much fun and this year was no exception.


Busy creating!
Mmmmm...fresh out of the oven (as people were arriving) cheese biscuits!
"Souper" yummy Texas Sheet Cake....I used Pioneer Woman's recipe!
Blueberry Lemon Bundt cake...the recipe for this one was from my Looneyspoons Collection cookbook (LOVE that cookbook!)

Can you believe I totally forgot to take pictures of the delicious soups?  You'll just have to take my word for it...they were yummy!

I bet you want to see the project everyone made, right?  I usually do a set of cards or a box and some cards at Soup & Stamps, but this year I decided to do something totally different and we did a mini album!  I actually used 5, yes 5, SAB products...Sweet Sorbet DSP, Petal Parade stamps, Banner Blast stamps, Banner punch, and the Decorative Dots embossing folder!  Of course, I had to throw in some Occasions Catalog products too...Basic Metal Buttons, Perfect Pennants stamps, Banners framelits, and the Angled Tag Topper punch!

The mini album starts with one piece of 12x12 cardstock which you score and cut to make your "pages".  It all folds up in to a small package.  The pictures show it as you would unfold it.....


It was loads of fun to make.  Here are a few of my favorite parts...


I love, love, love these little banners!  They are the perfect little accent for the corner of a page or card front.  And, I love that the coordinating punch punches out the stamped images without leaving a white border around them...small things like that make me happy!


This part makes me REALLY happy!  Do you recognize the metal buttons?  I used the one with the raised edge and realized that the small circle punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack fit right on there like it was meant to be!  Here's the part that made me squeal with delight.  A dimensional under each button and shazaam there was the perfect closure for the flap on this pocket!  Here's a little tip...put the dimensional on the button, then stick the tail of the Baker's Twine to the dimensional and then stick it down on the cardstock.  It seemed to work best that way for me!


This is my favorite stamp in the Perfect Pennants set!  And I just love it here with a little ruffled ribbon along the bottom!  So cute!  And, check out that Distressed Dots embossing action...LOVE it!

Lastly, I have the measurements for you so you can create one of these little beauties yourself!


You basically take a 12x12 piece of cardstock and score it at 2 3/8 and 7 1/4.  Then you turn it and score at 3 7/8, 4 1/8, 8 and 8 1/4.  You can see in the picture where you need to cut the skinny sections out.  Any of the flaps can be made into pockets or you can cut any of the flaps off to change up your album.

Have fun with this one!  I would love to see your version of this mini album!

Head on over to my online store (or contact me) to purchase the supplies you need to create one of these and earn some free SAB products!  Have an inspired day!










2 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Definitely going to give this a try! Pretty sure I have most of the supplies.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!