Sunday, August 3, 2014

Simple Birthday Wishes

It's Simple Card Sunday again and today I have a simple birthday card to share.  This is a card that my clubs did in June!


I used the super fun Endless Birthday Wishes photopolymer set for this card.  I love my rubber stamps a lot, but I have to say I do enjoy some aspects of the photopolymer stamps.  They are clear which is pretty cool...you can see right through them when you stamp them which makes for perfect placement.  I also enjoy being able to put a string of words together to make a sentiment like I did for this card.  Just place them where you want them and press the block onto them...voila, instant stamp!


I started with a Pear Pizzazz card base which I embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  The cake was stamped with Basic Gray ink on a small square of white cardstock and placed behind the long white strip.  See how the cake is colored?  I did that with a stamp from the Work of Art set...I think this is going to be a must have set like Gorgeous Grunge!  I added a little sparkle with Dazzling Details on the sparklers on the cake!

Let's talk about that large white strip, shall we?  I started by punching out a 1 3/4" circle, then pierced around it.  I stamped the sentiment and added a small scallop trim (with the Dotted Scallop ribbon Border Punch).  I finished it off with three Daffodil Delight punched stars.  The whole strip is put on the card with Stampin' Dimensionals so that it looks like the cake is recessed in behind the white strip.  Fun little technique for a little different spin on a card!

You can find everything you need to make this card in my online store.  Head on over there with the shopping list and place your order today!

Shopping List
Stamps:  Endless Birthday Wishes, Work of Art
Ink:  Basic Gray, Strawberry Slush
Cardstock:  Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Strawberry Slush
Accessories:  Dazzling Details
Tools:  Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, Paper Piercer, template and mat, Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack (star), Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots embossing Folder, Stampin' Dimensionals

Have an inspired day!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!