Thursday, November 20, 2014

Hello December No Cut Gift Box

Hi Stampers!  I have the perfect little gift box to share with you today and I'm super excited to share it because it's easy, uses one sheet of cardstock and has no cutting!  Every time a new catalog comes out I get together with my downline and we do a swap (it's so fun to stamp for a day with them and go home with loads of new ideas!).  At our last swap in August one of my downline made a super cute Frankenstein box and it inspired these boxes.  I just changed up the measurements to make my version bigger.  You can see the Frankie box that inspired me in my video!


This is what my stamp clubs made this month.  It features the Hello December Project Life card collection and the December Wonder Project Life stamp set.  Both of these products are available in my online store and in the Holiday Supplement.  The Hello December card collection is different from our other PL card sets because it has a bunch of cards that are the same, just different colors.  It's designed this way so that you have a "title card" for each day of the month and then have a bunch of different cards to accent your pictures.  It really is a fun set!  I did up two different versions of this box so my club peeps could choose a design based on which color card they wanted to use.


So are you ready to learn how to make it?  I have loads of pictures, a template and a couple videos for you today!

Start with a sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock and score it as shown on the template.


There are some diagonal score lines involved in this project.  I didn't actually measure them, but when I was done I realized they were all about 2" from the middle score lines.  In the video you will see how I made those score lines...I promise it's easy and just involves a little pinching and creasing!

Once you're done scoring, it's time to glue and fold.  You should end up with something that looks like this (check out the video for more detail!)....



Let's have a look at that video I keep talking about now!  There's more detail about the folding and gluing steps.


So, do you want to see what's inside the boxes?  Each one has a cute little 3x3 card, some hot chocolate and a mini candy cane.



Fun, eh?

Did you notice the sparkly icicles on the snowflake box?  Here, let me give you a closer look.


Last year I did a video on how to make those.  All you need is some Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds glitter!  Check it out.


For this project I made the icicles right on the box rather than making them on a piece of waxed paper like in the video.  Either way, they are a fun and frosty accent for your winter projects!

And there you have it!  What do you think?  Do you love this project as much as I do?!?!?!?!  The beauty of this project is that you can make it for any occasion.  Like I mentioned in the video, you could have loads of the basic boxes made up and stored flat.  Then you just need to take them out and embellish when you need one!

Everything you need to make the boxes and icicles shown today can be found in my online store...except for the hot chocolate and candy canes!  Head on over there to place your order, or if you are not comfortable with online ordering you can always contact me to place your order.  Remember the Holiday Supplement product is only available while supplies last so make sure to order ASAP to avoid disappointment.

If you like what you see and are Canadian, I would love to be your Stampin' Up! demonstrator!  Send me an email and we can start your creative journey today!

Have an inspired day!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!