Sunday, November 9, 2014

Simple Card Sunday 10-Remembering Your Birthday

ETA:  I know, it's Monday!  Yesterday our family took a technology break and turned off our phones, computers, video games, and tv (until the Walking Dead came on!).  And, wouldn't you know it, I totally forgot to upload my video and publish my post before we did that.  So, it's Simple Card Sunday on a Monday!!!

Hi Stampers!  It's Simple Card Sunday time again.  Today I have a pretty pink birthday card with sparkle to share with you!  Yes, I used pink AND glitter...those of you who know me well can close your mouths now (I will be back to my usual color schemes for the next post!!!)!!!!!


Now, remember, a Simple Card Sunday card has to be made in 10-15 minutes max, use few supplies and be made in 5 easy steps.  Here we go!


Step-by-Step:
  • Fold the Whisper White cardstock (5 1/2 x 8 1/2) in half. Attach a piece of Strawberry Slush cardstock (3 7/8 x 5 1/8) on it and another piece of Whisper White cardstock (3 3/4 x 5) on top of that!
  • On a scrap of Whisper White stamp the Positively Chevron stamp with Strawberry Slush ink.  Cut out 3 squares measuring 1 1/4 x 1 1/4.  Sponge the edges with Strawberry Slush ink.
  • On a strip of Pink Pirouette (1 inch wide) stamp your sentiment (I used one from Remembering Your Birthday) with Strawberry Slush ink.  Cut one end of the strip like a banner (watch the video for a tip on cutting banner ends!).
  • Glue down the banner and then glue down the squares (as shown in the picture).
  • On every second chevron, apply some Dazzling Details so it sparkles!
 Here's the video.  Watch for that tip on cutting banner ends!


 As always, I have a couple other cards made with the same layout for you.

I used the new December Wonder PL set from the holiday supplement for this one



There you have it!  The possibilities are endless with this layout...those squares can be stamped, DSP, or you could emboss some cardstock for them!

Everything you need to make all three cards shown today can be found in my online store.  Head on over there to place your order today, or if you prefer, you can contact me to place your order.

If you like what you see and are Canadian, I would love to be your Stampin' Up! demonstrator.  Contact me today and we can start your creative journey!

Have an inspired day!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!