Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Technique Tuesday-Bokeh Technique

Hi Stampers!  It's the first Tuesday of April which means it's Technique Tuesday around here. I've jumped on the popular Bokeh bandwagon and this month I'm going to show you my take on this fun technique.


When I was learning about this technique I watched some videos by other demonstrators and they all involved ink, water and watercolor paper.  I didn't have any watercolor paper on hand (gasp!) and wanted to do this technique quickly and without the mess.  So, out came my sponges and ink pads and plain old Whisper White cardstock.  It's quick, easy and not quite as messy as if you were using water (you will get inky fingers though!).

I did a quick video so you could see how I achieved the Bokeh look with ink and sponges!


Give it a try....you'll be hooked!


You can get everything you need to recreate this card (and do this technique) from my online store.  Grab the shopping list and take full advantage of the free shipping from Stampin' Up! offer this week!

Shopping List
Stamps: Flower Patch
Ink:  Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Memento Black
Cardstock: Whisper White, Calypso Coral
Accessories: Basic Black Taffeta Ribbon, Gold Sequins, Handheld Stapler & Mini Staples, Window Sheets
Tools:  Stampin' Sponges, Big Shot & Circles Framelits

Have an inspired day!









2 comments:

  1. I tried to watch your video but when I click on it, it says I have to sign in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know the video wasn't working. It should be all fixed up for you to watch now Gail!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!