Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Using Clear Blocks to make a Watercolor Background

Hi Stampers!  It's been a while, hasn't it? To say things have been challenging around my house would be an understatement!  We've experienced a health scare with our youngest son, a busy end of the school year and big changes with my husband and his back injury.  Family is number one for me and while I still continued my clubs and some classes, the good 'ole blog took a seat on the back burner for a while. 

I'm happy to say that our youngest son is fine and after a lot of testing and doctor visits we found out we are dealing with something not as serious as we first thought.  Phew!  And, while my husband's back is not better and he is still not back at work, there is hope!  He's participating in an intense back to work program where they are helping him learn how to manage his pain without the help of narcotics and strengthen his muscles so that he will be able to go back to work....although it will be much different that it was before he was injured.  The down side is that he is away from us for the summer, but there is a silver lining!  He's in the beautiful rocky mountains and we get to go visit him often! And, so we begin adjusting to our new normal yet again.






Another wonderful thing that happened was that I was able to attend Stampin' Up!'s annual convention.  I saw my friends from all over North America, learned some new techniques, played with new products and had my bucket filled by my buddies.  I came home feeling inspired and ready to hit the ground running!  One of the things I did while at Convention was participate in an organized swap!  I had to make 80 cards for this swap and I'm thrilled with the 80 cards I got in return...so many beautiful cards and so much inspiration from a group of uber talented ladies!  So, this is the journey of a swap card with a video on the technique at the end!

So what does it take to make 80 swap cards?  80 sheets of cardstock (Blushing Bride, Basic Black & Whisper White), a roll of Everyday Chic washi tape, a package of Old Olive Baker's Twine, 240 gold sequins, 160 inches of Blushing Bride ribbon, and a roll and a half of the new Tear & Tape adhesive!


All the parts and pieces ready to assemble!

Adding Washi Tape!  I had just enough of the design I chose from the Everyday Chic washi tape!

That's a lot of Tear & Tape backing!  After making 80 cards, I can say I LOVE this new adhesive!

Phew....80 cards done and ready to swap!

I was surprised that after 80+ cards I wasn't sick of this card.  I love the way it turned out and I love that each one was a little different because of the technique I did.


As promised, I have a video for you showing how to do the technique.


Here's another close up of the technique as well as another card I did with my stamp clubs using the same technique.



Well, that's all for today!  Thanks for hanging in there with me for this looooong post. I hope that I've inspired you to do this fun technique on a card of your own.  If you do try it, I would love it if you linked to your card in the comments so I can see your creation.

As always, if you are in Canada and need a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I would be happy to help you out!  Contact me for more info or just head on over to my online store to order the supplies you need to recreate the cards I've shown today!

Have an inspired day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!