Thursday, August 6, 2015

Watercolor Wings....Stampin' On the Road!

Hi Stampers!  I mentioned in my last post that I recently attended Stampin' Up!'s convention and participated in a huge organized swap.  As if 80 cards wasn't enough, at the last minute I decided that I wanted to make some cards for my special friends and general swapping. So, I cut all the supplies I needed and got them ready to stamp on the drive to convention!  Stamping is a great way to pass a 12 hour car ride...well, stamping and a lot of laughing and good times with a great friend!


I stamped, sponged and assembled away as we traveled south to Salt Lake City.  It was quite the adventure making swaps cards while driving through the winding mountain highway and through a nasty storm (we seem to get caught in a storm every year)!

Stampin on the road somewhere between Montana and Idaho!


I'm happy to say I completed all the cards I wanted to on the drive and they were ready for swapping when convention started!


I think Watercolor Wings is one of my favorite sets in the catalog and is the only set I used for this card.  You have so many options to give the butterflies details with this stamp set...two step stamp it, or three step stamp it for even more detail! Because it's a photopolymer set, you can easily see through the stamps to line them up perfectly (even if you're stamping on the road!).  I chose to three step stamp it and used Soft Sky, Tempting Turquoise and Island Indigo to stamp the butterfly.  The body and antenna were done with Soft Sky as well as the sentiment.

TIP:  Best adhesive for sticking the Burlap to your projects....Tear & Tape Adhesive! It's super easy to use and super sticky for the burlap.

If you are in Canada and need a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I would love to help you out!  You can find everything you need to create this card in my online store.  Place your order there or contact me to place the order for you!

Have an inspired day!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm impressed that you were able to do these in the car. So...how was this photo taken? LOL Really good pic by Sunita!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!